"Today Gov. Gavin Newsom took an additional step to slow the transmission of COVID-19 by closing indoor operations for many business sectors throughout much of the state.
At this time, these restrictions do not affect the provision of essential health care services, including dental care." - CDA (California Dental Association)
Our office will continue to adhere closely to CDPH (California Department of Health) guidance for providing safe dental visits in our office. If you have any questions please call our office at 209.477.0222.
We hope this update finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your safety.
As of Friday, May 8th the CDPH (California Department of Public Health) has announced dental offices may resume preventative treatment. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment; We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- We are asking our patients to please wear a face mask while in our office outside of the operatory. (If you do not have one we can provide a covering while in office).
- We are requesting that only the patient that is being seen (unless a minor or medically necessary) enter the office for the scheduled appointment.
- Our office will be having each patient complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and also taking your temperature using a no touch temporal scan thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use when needed.
- Once in the operatory you may be asked to wash your hands and also rinse with an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
- You may see that our waiting room chairs are turned around to help keep social distancing and we will no longer offer magazines and children’s toys since they are difficult to disinfect.
- You will also see Venessa & Shannon wearing masks and a Plexiglass shield at the front desk.
- We have also placed 5 air cleaning systems (HEPA filtration air purifiers) throughout the office. HEPA filters trap 99.97% of particles down to .3 microns reducing the airborne allergens/germs/viruses.
- Nightly we are using an Ozone Generator which will disinfect, kill viruses, remove dangerous or irritating airborne particles in indoor environments.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 209.477.0222.
We will be monitoring the situation daily and making whatever changes are needed to protect your health. Thank you for trusting us with your dental care.
James Rore DDS & Team